Access Statement for Thurlestone Hotel
The hotel is a luxurious, classic, family-run four-star country hotel looking out across the sea. Relax, unwind and indulge in style, to get away from it all. Owned by the Grose family since 1896, the Thurlestone Hotel is in a class of it's own. For over 120 years, guests have enjoyed it's character, hospitality and first-class service. That’s why 72% of our business is repeat.
Our Mission Statement:
“ We strive to exceed our guests expectations so that they will wish to return”
- For assistance prior to arrival please contact reservations on 01548 560382
• Our website is kept up-to-date - www.thurlestone.co.uk
• You can contact the hotel by telephone: 01548 560382; or via email: email@example.com
• We are open 24 hours although response, eg to emails may be reduced between 10.30pm to 7.30am
- WI-FI available throughout the hotel.
- Wheelchair available.
- Mobility aids can be organised, eg pushchairs, mobility chairs, bath lifts.
• We have a list of local attractions, eg golf, upon request.
• The nearest town is Kingsbridge - 4.5 miles away.
• There is a bus from Thurlestone to Kingsbridge 3 times a day.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- All guests can use the main entrance of the hotel or the back entrance. There are steps at the front entrance.
• The main entrance has an automatic door. The back entrance has no steps, an automatic door and a lift nearby.
• Both entrances are near to the car parks.
• There is a one-way system in the car park.
• There are 5 lifts. 2 in the hotel; 1 in the restaurant for access to the Yarmer Suite; 1 in the Yarmer Suite to access the outdoor facilities and one in the indoor pool
• If you need assistance with luggage, equipment or guidance, our team of porters are on duty 24 hours.
• Outside the main doors there is water provided for dogs.
- 100 car parking spaces available.
- Disabled space available – at back entrance and pre-booked, reserved spaces in the garage.
• Undercover garage parking can be reserved.
• There is a drop off point both in the front and back car parks adjacent to the doors
• The car parks are tarmac.
• Provisions for dogs provided, eg water bowl and goody bag on arrival
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- There are no steps in the main lobby.
• The front desk is in front of you when you enter the front entrance or through the door if entering by the back entrance.
• Entrance door is an automatic, sliding door.
• There are a number of sitting areas in reception.
• Reception is manned from 7.30am to 10.30pm. Night porter available between 10.30pm and 7.30am.
• The main reception desk is 104cm high. The small desk 72cm in height.
• Registration can be completed whilst sitting in the reception area. The registration card can be enlarged if required.
• The floor surface through the reception lobby is carpet.
• Porters provide a welcome and introduction to the hotel.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- There are lifts to all floors for bedrooms, leisure club and meeting rooms, with automatic doors.
- The disabled lift measures 107cm x 138cm. The other lift measures 107cm x 96cm.
- The main lift is loop fitted.
- The main bar and restaurant are located on the ground floor.
• Bedrooms are located on floors 1, 2 and 3
• The leisure club is located below ground level but with lift access.
• The hotel is mostly carpeted throughout. The upper terrace bar has a wooden floor.
• Bedrooms and leisure facilities are accessed via a key card entry only.
- The corridors outside the bedrooms measure approx 130cm.
- Baby changing facilities are available in the Spa, Yarmer Suite and Children’s Playroom.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- There is a separate guest lounge overlooking the bay.
• Photocopying, email and internet access are available.
- There are two sets of public toilets, one on the ground floor and one in the Yarmer suite/conference area on the lower level, accessed by a lift.
- Coat hooks are provided in the public toilets.
- A disabled toilet is available in the Yarmer Suite and is fitted with an emergency pull cord.
There is also a disabled toilet in our Spa with level access.
- The majority of taps have levers.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area
- The restaurant has different levels to see the best of the panoramic views; where possible the main level seating area is used.
- There are steps up to the upper level but a ramp can be provided.
The nearest toilets to the bar and restaurant are on the ground floor.
• The cocktail bar is situated on the ground floor and has level entry. The upper terrace bar has steps but a ramp can be requested.
• The restaurant is on the ground floor which is reached through the bar area.
• The restaurant is waiting service.
• There is a host desk on entry to the restaurant where staff will seat you at a table.
• The restaurant is full waiting service for dinner; breakfast is a buffet for cold items and offers cereals, fruits, juices; a hot cooked breakfast can be ordered to your choice.
• Menus are available in large print and staff will automatically take you through the menu and choices for the meal
• We are able to cater for varying dietary needs, please advise staff on booking.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- All guests can use the main entrance or side entrance to the Village Inn. There is a step into the front entrance. The side entrance is level and the door is 90cm wide
• The main car park has steps down to the road opposite the Village Inn or disabled reserved parking is available in our garage which is level with the Inn and the side entrance.
• There is a drop off point both on the road in the front of the Inn and by the garage, adjacent to the side door.
Bar & Restaurant
- The Bar and Restaurant areas are all level.
- Ladies, Mens and a disabled toilet are on the same floor.
• The main bar is 108cm high with a lower level at one end of 96cm
• The restaurant and bar area are both waiting service.
• Staff will explain the menus upon request.
• We are able to cater for varying dietary needs, please advise staff on booking.
- A laundry service is offered. Bags are available in bedrooms and are collected by 9am each day and returned by 5pm the following day (no dry cleaning on Sundays). Please inform housekeeping if you require this service.
- There are a series of display cabinets in main reception corridor which contain items for sale. These can be purchased through reception.
• Clothes for the leisure facilities can be purchased from the Reception.
- There is a beauty salon, open 7 days a week (excluding Christmas Day)
• The beauty salon is located on the ground floor near the indoor pool. Access is made through the Spa facility main door with room for disabled access.
• There are no steps into the salon – it has level entry.
• The salon has a tiled flooring.
- There is sufficient space in all treatment rooms.
- The couch is automatically adjustable.
- There is a shower cubicle in each treatment room, with a step to entry.
- Hooks are available.
- There is an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, laconium, jet hydrotherapy pool and fitness studio; badminton and squash complex, two tennis courts and a 9-hole par three golf course. Table tennis is also available.
• The indoor pool, fitness studio, hydrotherapy pool and sauna are open from 8.00am until 9.00pm. The outdoor pool is open between 8am and 8pm (April-Oct, weather permitting). Tennis, badminton & squash are open from dawn til dusk. Golf course open weather depending from dawn til dusk.
• The entrance to the indoor pool, fitness studio, hydrotherapy pool and sauna is located of the main corridor on the ground floor with good disabled access.
• There is a lift to the pool side from the changing rooms with enough room for a wheelchair and carer.
• The outdoor pool is accessible via two lifts for disabled access or two flights of well lit steps. Changing rooms are provided with level floor in and out of showers and changing cubicles.
• The pools, fitness studio, badminton and squash courts all have changing areas located in the vicinity.
• The indoor pool changing rooms have a separate cubical for changing showers with a slight gradient up to the shower and single changing cubicle. The cubicle has a folding seat but no hand rail.
• The indoor pool access is via graduated steps into the shallow end of both pools and a pool heist for disabled guests.
• The hydrotherapy pool is to the side of the swimming pool and has a hand railed stepped access down to a seated position.
• The gym is accessed through doors 100cm wide with two steps.
• The sauna and steam room have door widths of 85cm and a small step of 10mm on entry with levelled seating inside.
• The fitness studio is accessed through doors of 100cm wide. Equipment includes - free weights, exercise mats, cycling machine, treadmill, cross trainer, rowing machine.
• The fitness studio is fitted with a panic button to alert staff. There are also panic buttons poolside and in the heat rooms.
• Information is provided on recommended use of fitness studio equipment and an induction and questionnaire is required to be filled in before use of any equipment.
• All areas of the leisure department are signed well with clear relevant signs.
• A leisure attendant and Spa therapists are on duty, with knowledge of the facilities.
- CCTV cameras in main areas of the hotel and leisure facilities.
- Main access is via a secure swipe card.
There is a 9 hole par 3 golf course, badminton, squash, tennis courts and croquet lawn.
• The golf course has a ramp for trolleys
• There are steps down to the badminton and squash courts
• The outdoor pool is open between 8am and 8pm. Tennis, badminton & squash are open from dawn til dusk. Golf course open weather depending from dawn til dusk.
• The badminton and squash courts are located in a separate complex to the side of the hotel with a short walk along a gradual stepped uncovered path, which is well lit at night.
Grounds and Gardens
- Hotel set in 20 acres. Accessible with the use of pathways.
- There is seating for resting.
- There is a stream with a bridge in the rear garden, adjoining the main garden.
- There is a wooden play area, with surrounding area maintained with tarmac.
Playroom, Clubs & Entertainment
- There is a playroom located on the first floor with lift access to the entrance.
- There are steps down into the playroom that on request can be converted to a disabled lift.
- Big T’s Surf Club is available for children aged 5 – 12 years, during the school holidays.
- There is a Family Kitchen located on our first floor with a lift to access.
- A washing machine and tumble dryer are available; microwave and feeding and toilet training equipment.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
- We have 2 conference rooms. The Yarmer Suite on the lower ground floor and the William Richard Room on the ground floor.
- Has its own entrance that is clearly signposted from the Hotel car park.
• The suite is approached by a slightly downward slope with 2 double doors that lead into the room. Another entrance is through the hotel and taking the lift down to the lower ground floor.
- Lighting is even but can be dimmed by individual conference organisers section by section. There is also natural light on two sides on the room.
• The suite is fully air-conditioned.
- The seating is moveable dependent on the room setup, reserved seating and easy access through room can be arranged.
- The toilets are clearly signed and located off the main conference room. There is also a disabled toilet with emergency pull cord.
William Richard Room
- Located on the Ground Floor and clearly signed.
- The lighting is even and can be dimmed as required.
- There are toilets located opposite, with the disabled toilet located on the lower ground floor with left access.
- Language service professionals can be booked for sign language interpreting, video interpreting, lip speaking, speech to text reporting, deaf blind interpreting and note taking
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- There are 65 accessible bedrooms on 3 floors.
- Some bedrooms are suitable for wheelchair access.
- Flashing light on smoke detectors.
- TVs have remote control.
- Flooring – carpets in bedrooms, non-slip laminate flooring in bathrooms.
- Entrance to bedrooms is level and can be accessed via a lift. Single leaf doors.
- Room service available.
- All rooms are en-suite.
- Baths are standard height, some with hand-rails.
- Entry is by a secure swipe card – additional cards available.
- There are some interconnecting rooms.
- The hotel is no smoking.
• If you require assistance during your stay please contact reception. The Duty Manager can also be contacted via reception, 24 hours.
• We have a set evacuation procedure for fire evacuation - alarm sounders are a continuous alarm. Fire evacuation procedures and fire plans are displayed in all individual guest rooms.
- All staff have are fully trained in evacuation procedures.
- All front house staff have regular training which includes disability awareness training.
• There is a network coverage for mobile phones within parts of the hotel.
• Dogs may be accommodated in selected guests rooms on request at a daily charge. There are restrictions to some of our public areas but they are welcome in reception foyer, snug area within the terrace bar and around the hotel gardens. We request that dogs are kept on a lead at all times.
- We can offer a limited supply of fridge storage and mini bars in all our premier and deluxe rooms, along with suites and a selection of our family rooms.
Address: Thurlestone Hotel
Telephone: 01548 560382
Hours of operation: Reception 24 hours
• We plan to upgrade the accommodation we offer, by providing further suites and upgrading our existing bedrooms to larger rooms and bathrooms.
• Our ongoing annual refurbishment plan continually improves the facilities and services we offer.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01548 560382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Salcombe Gin School Staycation
The perfect mid-week ‘Salcombe Gin School Staycation’ for two.
Enjoy a one night stay at Thurlestone Hotel & Spa, a luxury hotel and spa situated on the gorgeous South Devon coast and a Gin School lesson for two at Salcombe Gin’s outstanding distilling laboratory for adults. . Whether you’re looking for total relaxation or a taste of adventure, Thurlestone Hotel offers an idyllic retreat. Their beautifully appointed sea view and luxury rooms are perfect for seaside breaks, while guests also love their excellent food, spa and leisure facilities.
Relax at this idyllic retreat which is just a short taxi ride away from our distillery and enjoy a Gin School lesson for two to share, where you will take charge of a beautiful mini copper pot still to develop and distil your very own 70cl bottle of gin.