The hotel is a luxurious, classic, family-run four-star country hotel looking out across the sea. Ideal to just relax, unwind, indulge in style, or just to get away from it all. Owned by the Grose family since 1896, the Thurlestone Hotel is in a class of it’s own. For over 100 years, guests have enjoyed it’s character, hospitality and first-class service. That’s why 72% of our business is returning guests.
Our Mission Statement:
“ We strive to exceed our guests expectations so that they will wish to return”
- For assistance prior to arrival please contact reservations on 01548 560382 or e-mail email@example.com
- Our website is kept up-to-date – www.thurlestone.co.uk
- You can contact the hotel by telephone:01548 560382 ; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are open 24 hours although response, eg to emails may be reduced between 10.30pm to 8.00am
- WI-FI available throughout the hotel.
- Wheelchair available.
- Mobility aids can be organised, eg pushchairs, mobility chairs, bath lifts.
- We have a list of local attractions upon request.
- The nearest town is Kingsbridge – 4.5 miles away.
- There is a bus from Thurlestone to Kingsbridge 3 times a day.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- All guests can use the main entrance of the hotel or the back entrance. There are steps at the front entrance.
- The main entrance has an automatic door. The back entrance has an automatic door and a lift nearby.
- Both entrances are near to the car parks.
- There is a one-way system in the car park.
- There are 5 lifts. 2 in the hotel; 1 in the restaurant for access to the Yarmer Suite; 1 in the Yarmer Suite to access the outdoor facilities and one in the indoor pool
- If you need assistance with luggage, equipment or guidance, our team of porters are on duty 24 hours.
- Outside the main doors there is water provided for dogs.
- 100 car parking spaces available.
- Disabled space available – at back entrance.
- Undercover garage parking can be reserved.
- There is a drop off point both in the front and back car parks adjacent to the doors
- The car parks are tarmac.
- Provisions for dogs provided, eg water bowl.
- Bell to allow late access on main entrance to hotel.
Main Entrance & Reception Area
- There are no steps in the main lobby.
- The front desk is in front of you when you enter the front entrance or through the door on your left if entering via the rear entrance.
- Entrance doors are automatic, sliding doors.
- There are a number of sitting areas in reception foyer.
- Reception is manned from 8am to 10.30pm. Night porter available between 10.30pm and 8am.
- The main reception desk is 104cm high. The small desk 72cm.
- Registration can be completed whilst sitting in the reception area. The registration card can be enlarged if required.
- The floor surface through the reception lobby is carpet.
- Porters provide a welcome and introduction to the hotel.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- There are lifts to all floors for access to bedrooms, voyage spa, outdoor pool and meeting rooms, with automatic doors.
- The disabled lift measures 107cm x 138cm. The other lift measures 107cm x 96cm.
- The main lift is loop fitted.
- The main bar and restaurant are located on the ground floor.
- Bedrooms are located on floors 1, 2 and 3
- The Voyage Spa is located below ground level but with lift access.
- The hotel is mostly carpeted throughout. The terrace bar has a wooden floored conservatory area.
- Bedrooms and leisure facilities are accessed via a key card entry only.
- The corridors outside the bedrooms measure approx 130cm.
- Baby changing facilities are available in the Voyage Spa and the Yarmer Suite.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- There is a separate guest lounge overlooking the bay.
- Photocopying, email, fax and internet access are available.
- There are two sets of public toilets, one on the ground floor and one in the Yarmer suite/conference area.
- Coat hooks are provided in the public toilets.
- A disabled toilet is available in the Voyage Spa and the Yarmer Suite and is fitted with an emergency pull cord.
- The majority of taps have levers.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area
- The restaurant has different levels to see the best of the panoramic views; where possible the main level seating area is used.
- The nearest toilets to the bar and restaurant are on the ground floor.
- The Terrace/cocktail bar is situated on the ground floor and has level entry.
- The restaurant is on the ground floor which is reached through the bar area.
- The restaurant is waiting service.
- There is a host desk on entry to the restaurant where staff will seat you at a table.
- The restaurant is full waiting service for dinner; buffet breakfast offers cereals, fruits, juices, and a cooked hot breakfast, ordered to your choice.
- Menus are available in large print and staff will automatically take you through the menu and choices for the meal
- We are able to cater for varying dietary needs, please advise our reception staff prior to arrival.
- Laundry service and dry cleaning is offered. Bags are available in bedrooms and are collected by 9am each day and returned by 5pm the following day (no dry cleaning on Sundays). Please inform housekeeping if you require this service.
- There are a series of cabinets in main reception corridor which contain items for sale. These can be purchased through reception.
- Clothes for the leisure facilities can be purchased from the leisure club.
- There is a treatment room, open 7 days a week
- The three beauty treatment rooms are located in the Voyage Spa (entrance to the Spa is located on the ground floor near reception.
- There are no steps into the Beauty Treatment rooms – all on one level entry.
- Beauty Treatment Rooms all have wooden flooring.
- There is sufficient space in treatment rooms.
- The couches are automatically adjustable.
- There is a shower cubicles in the beauty treatment rooms.
- Information available in large print upon request.
- Hooks are available.
- There is an Indoor Swimming Pool, Hydrotherapy Pool, Laconium, Steam Room, Fitness Studio, Beauty Rooms with relaxation room
The Following Leisure Facilities are FREE to guests:
- Outdoor Swimming Pool Complex at our new Rock Pool with ‘Alfresco’ dining, sun beds, and magnificent views overlooking Thurlestone Bay (available May to September)
- Games Room, Children’s Playroom, Outdoor play area and Table Tennis.
- Two tennis Courts Badminton Court Squash Courts 9 hole par 3 Golf Course
- Optional facilities include : Beauty Spa Rooms and Hairdresser on request
The Voyage Spa indoor pool area is open from 8.00am until 9.00pm. The outdoor pool is open between 8am and 8pm (May-Sept). Tennis, badminton & squash are open from dawn til dusk. Golf course open weather depending from dawn til dusk.
- The entrance to the Voyage spa indoor pool area is located of the main corridor on the ground floor with good disabled access.
- There is a lift to the pool side from the changing rooms with enough room for a wheelchair and carer.
- The outdoor pool is accessible via two lifts for disabled access or two flights of well lit steps. Changing rooms are provided with level floor in and out of showers and changing cubicles.
- The pool areas, badminton and squash courts all have changing areas located in the vicinity.
- The indoor pool changing rooms have a separate cubical for changing showers with a small step of 50mm with hand rails.
- The pool access is via graduated steps into the shallow end of both pools.
- The spa bath is to the side of the swimming pool and has a hand railed stepped access down to a seated position.
- The gym is accessed through doors 100cm wide.
- The sauna has a door widths of 85cm and have a small step of 10mm on entry with two-levelled seating inside.
- The fitness studio is access through doors of 100cm wide. Equipment includes – free weights, exercise mats, cycling machine, treadmill, cross trainer, rowing machine.
- The fitness studio is fitted with a panic button to alert staff.
- Information is provided on recommended use of fitness studio equipment and an induction and questionnaire is required to be filled in before use of any equipment.
- All areas of the leisure department are signed well with clear relevant signs.
- A leisure attendant is on duty the majority of the week, with relevant knowledge of equipment and facilities.
- CCTV cameras in main areas of the hotel and leisure facilities.
- Access is via a secure swipe card.
- There is a 9 hole par 3 golf course, badminton, squash, tennis courts and croquet lawn.
- The golf course has a ramp for trolleys
- There are steps down to the badminton and squash courts
- The outdoor pool is open between 8am and 8pm. Tennis, badminton & squash are open from dawn til dusk. Golf course open weather depending from dawn til dusk.
- The badminton and squash courts are located in a separate complex to the side of the hotel with a short walk along a gradual stepped uncovered path, which is well lit at night.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
- We have conference rooms, The Yarmer Suite on the lower ground floor which can be divided into two seperate meeting rooms The Delvers Room and the Crowie room as required.
- Has its own entrance that is clearly signposted from the Hotel car park.
- The suite is approached by a slightly downward slope with 2 double doors that lead into the room. Another entrance is through the hotel and taking the lift down to the lower ground floor.
- Lighting is even but can be dimmed by individual conference organisers section by section accommodation. There is also natural light on two sides on the room.
- The suite is fully air-conditioned.
- The seating is moveable dependent on the room setup, reserved seating and easy access through room can be arranged.
- The toilets are clearly signed and located off the main conference room. There is also a disabled toilet with emergency pull cord.
Clubs & Entertainment
- Big T’ Surf Club is available for children aged 3 – 15 years, during the school holidays.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- There are 65 accessible bedrooms over 3 floors .
- Some bedrooms are suitable for wheelchair access.
- Flashing light on smoke detectors.
- TVs have remote control.
- Flooring – carpets in bedrooms, non-slip laminate flooring in bathrooms.
- Entrance to bedrooms is level and can be accessed via a lift. Single leaf doors.
- Room service available.
- All rooms are en-suite.
- Baths are standard height, some with hand-rails.
- Entry is by a secure swipe card – additional cards available.
- We have interconnecting rooms.
- We have family rooms and family suites.
Grounds and Gardens
- Hotel set in 20 acres. Accessible with the use of pathways.
- There is seating for resting.
- There is a stream with a bridge in the rear garden, adjoining the main garden.
- There is a wooden play area, with surrounding area maintained with bark.
- The hotel is no smoking.
- If you require assistance during your stay please contact reception. The Duty Manager can also be contacted via reception, 24 hours.
- We have a set evacuation procedure for fire evacuation – alarm sounders are a continuous alarm. Fire evacuation procedures and fire plans are displayed in all individual guest rooms.
- All staff have are fully trained in evacuation procedures.
- All front house staff have regular training which includes disability awareness training.
- There is a network coverage for mobile phones within parts of the hotel.
- Dogs may be accommodated in guests rooms at a small charge –they are not accepted in the deluxe rooms or suites or the majority of our premier rooms; they are allowed in reception foyer and hotel gardens on a lead.
- We can offer a limited supply of fridge storage and mini bars are available in our premier, deluxe rooms and our suites.
Address: Thurlestone Hotel
Telephone: 01548 560382
Fax: 01548 561069
Hours of operation: Reception 24 hours
- We plan to upgrade the accommodation we offer, by providing further suites and upgrading our existing bedrooms to larger rooms and bathrooms.
- Our ongoing annual refurbishment plan continually improves the facilities and services we offer.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01548560382 or email email@example.com
Choose any two nights from the 1st February - 30th March 2019
Enjoy two nights' Dinner, Bed and Breakfast, full use of the Voyage Spa facilities, a 25 minute spa treatment each, and bottle of Prosecco and chocolates in your room on arrival.
From £520.00 per couple based on two people sharing in a Inland Room
Please contact reception on 01548 560382 to book your spa appointments.
Terms and conditions apply, subject to availability,
Mid - Week 2 night Golf Break
Available Sunday - Thursday between November and March
(Excludes 23rd December - 13th January)
Two nights dinner, bed and breakfast
1 round of golf at Thurlestone Golf Course
1 round of golf at Bigbury Golf Course
Includes full use of our Par 3, 9 hole golf course
From £270.00 per person
based on on two people sharing an inland room, subject to availability, golf tee times must be pre booked.
For further information or to book please call 01548 560382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
March Networking Event
Come and join us for speed Networking at Thurlestone in partnership with Jay from GHQ Training, Claire from Alpha Logic and Maddie from Jelf.
Welcome drinks and canapés on arrival.
Stands from the hotel's Voyage Spa, local golf clubs with exclusive offers and Salcombe Dairy who will be launching their new flavour of chocolate...
At 3pm prompt we will be 'speed networking' where companies will just have 60 seconds to network per person…. Once the bell rings you have to move onto someone new.
Jay from GHQ will be doing a talk on what’s new with GHQ Training, and how local businesses can support local apprentices. Claire will also be updating us on what’s new at Alpha
Join us for a Spring ladies lunch on 28th March 2019. Come and listen to our in house florist talk about spring flowers, followed by a delicious lunch in our award winning restaurant the Trevilder and a workshop
To book please call 01548 560382 £24.95 per person includes
Arrival time: 12.15pm - 12.30pm
Demonstration : 12.30pm
Please note any events are subject to change and terms and conditions apply.
Garden Tour Breaks
Sunday 12th May - Friday 17th May 2019
Discover Devon's most beautiful gardens at their very best with our special Spring Gardens package for 2019
For our Spring Gardens Tour we will be concentrating on a wonderful selection of the best private gardens in the area
Rooms from £800.00 per person the five nights and include dinner, bed and breakfast, lunches, afternoon tea, coach travel from the hotel to the gardens, entrance fee to all gardens, talks as detailed in the programme
For further information please call our reservations team on 01548 560382
Escape the winter blues
Relax and warm yourself with a 40 minute hot stones back massage or a 40 minute Decléor facial followed by an indulgent hot chocolate. Includes full use of the Voyage Spa facilities , Hydrotherapy Pool, Sauna, Steam Room,
Fitness Suite and Laconium.
Treatment time: 40 minutes Offer available from 1st—28th February
Terms and conditions apply, offer can not be used in conjunction with any other offer, or discount.
Subject to availability. To book please call reservations on 01548 560382 or email
Mums the word
It’s the month to love our mums. Treat your mum to a 40 minute treatment, full use of the Voyage Spa facilities and a two course lunch in the Terrace Bar.
Choose from an Indian Head Massage, Prescriptive Manicure, Aroma Extended Back, Neck and Shoulder Massage
or a Decleor Facial
£65.00 per person
Offer available from the 1st—31st March,
Terms and conditions apply, subject to availability.
Offer can not be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
To book please call 01548 560382 or email email@example.com
Mothers Day Lunch
Sunday 31st March
Treat your mum to a delicious lunch in the award winning restaurant the Trevilder. Three course traditional Sunday Lunch for £30.00 per person and a little gift for mum. Booking is essential please call 01548 560382
Spring Spa Event
6pm - 9pm
Join us for an evening with Decleor and learn the importance of a good skin care routine
Bubbly on arrival, skin consultations available. To book your space please call 01548 560382
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
20% off all Decleor products
Mothers Day Afternoon Tea
Spoil your mum with our delicious Thurlestone Full Afternoon Tea,
served in our award winning restaurant The Trevilder
Includes a Thurlestone
Full Afternoon Tea ,
a present and a glass of fizz for mum
£25 per person
To book please call 01548 560382 or email email@example.com