Please refer to Terms & Conditions for all matters directly relating to your reservation with us.
The following has been compiled as a quick reference regarding our facilities & services:
Thurlestone Hotel Bedrooms
All of our rooms are graded 4* by the AA & have en suite bath and/or shower facilities, bath robes, remote control digital flat screen colour television, radio, direct dial telephone with message waiting facility & baby listening, tea & coffee making facilities. Our Premier Rooms and deluxe rooms all have the added facilities of a DVD player & mini bar. Some rooms have balconies, & a choice of Suites are also available with complimentary under cover parking included.
All our beds are made up with Sheets & Duvets but if you should prefer your bed to be made with sheets and blankets please advise us prior to arrival.
We do have a selection of both Feather and Non-Feather pillows. If you have a preference or suffer from any feather Allergies etc please advise us prior to your arrival.
Please note that all our bedrooms are individually furnished and some are more suitable for guests who use Wheelchairs or have walking difficulties. Please advise reception if you have any special requirements.
Our family rooms and suites will be furnished with bunk beds/ extra beds and/or travel cots as required. We do also have some of the wooden cots available if preferred. Linen will be provided for all beds and cots.
We have a limited number of family rooms where children will be accommodated in extra beds sharing with two adults. For full details of charges relating to accommodation & meals please refer to Children’s Rates
We do have some village view accommodation for single occupancy, which would be charged at the single adult rate. If you wish to reserve any of our double rooms for single occupancy a 50% single supplement would apply.
Breakfast is served from 7.30am – 10.00 am (7.30am – 10.30am on Sundays) We offer a buffet & traditional breakfast.
Lunch is served from 12.30pm – 2.30pm in the cocktail terrace bar, gardens or lounge. Packed lunches are available on request. Poolside barbecues and al fresco dining avaiable at the ‘Rock Pool’ Bistro held during the summer months(May to September) weather permitting.
Afternoon Teas are served daily from 2.00pm – 5.30pm in the lounge, gardens or on your balcony in your bedroom.
Dinner Is served from 6.30pm – 9.00pm when we offer an extensive high quality ala carte menu and daily selection of market dishes & wine list. Our Market dishes change daily, always includes Vegetarian dishes & features many local specialities. Special dietary requirements all catered for.
Restaurant Dress Code
To comply with the wishes of the majority of guests, we ask gentlemen to wear jackets for dinner.
Light refreshments are available from our Room Service menu 24 hours a day.
Arrival at Thurlestone
If you are travelling by train to Devon our nearest Railway station is Totnes , which is approximately 17 miles from Thurlestone. If required we would be happy to organise a taxis to meet you.
If you are driving to Thurlestone you will find directions on the back of this leaflet to assist you. If you are using Sat Nav our Postcode is TQ7 3NN but may we suggest that you do not select the shortest route as some of our roads are very narrow .
We ask that one person from each room (or group) proceeds to Reception to register on arrival.
We will always try to accommodate guests who arrive early but we are unable to guarantee that your room will be available before 4.00pm. We are requesting that you leave your luggage in your car until you have checked in and your room is ready. Unfortunately we are unable to offer a storage facility.
Please note that we will only be accepting debit and credit cards for the foreseeable future.
We ask that you adhere to direction given by staff on arrival and during your stay and that all members of your party are courteous and mindful of others at all times
Car Parking – We have ample free guest car parking AND a limited amount of undercover garage parking which can be booked in advance, charged at £5 per day. (Please note that all suite bookings are automatically allocated undercover parking at no additional cost)
Hotel has four on-site electric car re-charging points.
FREE Leisure Facilities include:
- Spacious hotel gardens with magnificent views
- Indoor Swimming Pool with Sauna, Spa Bath & Fitness Studio
- Outdoor Swimming Pool with ‘Alfresco’ dining, sun beds & sea views
- Children’s Playroom, Outdoor play area & Children’s Club.
- Tennis Courts, Badminton Court, Squash Courts,
- 9 hole par 3 Championship Golf Course
Optional Hotel Facilities and Activities include:
- Decleor Beauty Salon
- 16 th Century Village Inn Pub
- Guest Laundry
- Ironing Facilities & In-House Launderette for Guest use
- Night time shoe cleaning service
- Tennis & Golf Tuition
- Civil Wedding Licence
- Function & Conference Facilities for those Special Occasions
Optional Facilities nearby include:
- Two safe sandy beaches within walking distance to the hotel
- Great surfing opportunities at Bantham & Bigbury Beach (Surfing lessons available!)
- Fantastic countryside & coastal walks with the South West Coastal path minutes from the hotel
- Boat Hire or River Cruises from Salcombe or Dartmouth
- Sailing from Salcombe or Dartmouth
- River and Sea Fishing from Salcombe Harbour
- Thurlestone Hotel has negotiated the following discounts at nearby Golf Clubs:
- 25% concession on Green Fees at Bigbury Golf Club
- 25% concession on Green Fees at Dartmouth Golf & Country Club
- 20% concession on Green Fees at Thurlestone Golf Club
- For more details & links to Golf Club web sites link here
- We like to maintain a balance for both pet owners and non pet owners. The majority of the areas is dog friendly such as the reception, garderns, the Snug and the Terrace. Dogs are welcome at The Village Inn.
- Entirely at the discretion of the management, dogs may be accommodated in guest’s rooms at a charge of £15.00 per night excluding food.
- Dogs will not be accepted in all of our Premier Bedrooms or any of the deluxe rooms or Suites.
Salcombe Gin School Staycation
The perfect mid-week ‘Salcombe Gin School Staycation’ for two.
Enjoy a one night stay at Thurlestone Hotel & Spa, a luxury hotel and spa situated on the gorgeous South Devon coast and a Gin School lesson for two at Salcombe Gin’s outstanding distilling laboratory for adults. . Whether you’re looking for total relaxation or a taste of adventure, Thurlestone Hotel offers an idyllic retreat. Their beautifully appointed sea view and luxury rooms are perfect for seaside breaks, while guests also love their excellent food, spa and leisure facilities.
Relax at this idyllic retreat which is just a short taxi ride away from our distillery and enjoy a Gin School lesson for two to share, where you will take charge of a beautiful mini copper pot still to develop and distil your very own 70cl bottle of gin.
December Special Offer
Nails are shaped and cuticles are cared for,
Nourishing oils of olive oil, honey and brown sugar Veils the skin preserving moisture. And a perfect application of your chosen polish to complete.
With the bottle of chosen vinylux nail polish included to take a way home After!
45 minute treatment available from 3rd - 22nd December
Terms and conditions apply cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.